Candlelighters of Brevard, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to children with cancer and their families by offering emotional support and financial assistance.
We are committed to ensuring no one has to face the diagnosis of childhood cancer alone.
A Light of Hope for Kids with Cancer
What many people may not understand about childhood cancer is that the devastation reality of the disease goes miles beyond anything physical. In addition to the extreme financial strain of paying for care, Brevard based families must also devote an overwhelming amount of time, travel and money for countless other expenses. From the shock of the diagnosis to the painful side-effects of treatment, the ongoing heartbreak and emotional impact felt by the entire family is hard to imagine. From economic assistance to emotional encouragement, join Candlelighters of Brevard in helping families survive the extreme physical, psychological and practical hardships of this disease.
25th Anniversary Campaign
Candlelighters has been a proud servant of the Brevard community since 1989. In celebration of our anniversary, we are hosting a 25th anniversary campaign running from September 2014 – September 2015. The purpose of the campaign is to celebrate our anniversary – while creating more awareness about our mission, programs and services and growing our core base of donors, volunteers and stakeholders that would like to join Candlelighters in our fight against childhood cancer. Below are a few ways you can get involved in the campaign and help grow the programs & services provided to our children in dire need:
- DONATE: Consider making a financial donation to support our Programs and Services.
- PARTNER: Consider a corporate or private partnership with Candlelighters. Corporate and private donor opportunities are available year round. We are committed to ensuring all donors receive return on investment.
- SPONSOR: Become a sponsor or participate in yearly events, such as the annual Have-a-Heart Valentine’s Extravaganza (February 7, 2015), Crystal’s Day (March/April timeframe) and Ladies Night Out (September 6, 2014).
- DESIGNATE: Make Candlelighters of Brevard your charity of choice through the United Way Campaign. For more information inquire through your employer and use the following information. Candlelighters of Brevard, Inc., 1875-A South Patrick Drive, Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937, 501(c)(3) number: 59-3068501.
- REMEMBER: Consider making a financial donation in honor or memory of a loved one.
- ADOPT: Sponsor a child or family for our annual Christmas Party or consider adopting a newly diagnosed family for Christmas this year.
- MEET: Set up a meeting with the Candlelighters Executive Director to help determine the best possible opportunities for you and/or your organization to become part of the Candlelighter family of stakeholders.
- SHOP: Retail Therapy at Candlelighters Thrift Shoppe: You can shop, volunteer, or donate gently used items. Located at 1875-A South Patrick Drive in Indian Harbour Beach directly across from Doubles Beachside.
Candlelighters of Brevard has been featured in radio, television and other media outlets as a premier nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring that no child has to face the diagnosis of cancer alone.
Please click on the following links for more information on how to set up a meeting with Candlelighters’ Executive Director: contact us.